People want to experience that rush that you usually feel when you win something, which is why online casinos in Malaysia have been all the rage these days.
Being able to play the most popular casino games such as Blackjack, slot machines, and even Poker online is a great way to pass the time and be happy.
Some people go to other avenues for the same type of entertainment, though. For some, playing the lottery is so much better for them because they believe that their chances of winning it big in the game are so much higher than that of winning in the casinos. Well, that is actually not the case.
The Mega Millions lottery jackpot was just recently raised to a billion dollars and it can be attributed to a lot of factors. So, this got you thinking: if the jackpot is that high, shouldn’t I be playing the game?
A lot of people seem to have this mentality that playing in the lottery gives them even a chance of winning it all. Sure, a billion dollars is so lucrative that it blinds people to believe that they have the ability to get it (even though odds are stacked against them).
As if a person’s chances of winning are not abysmally low, the odds now are even worse than the past, at least, by design. That is because the lottery was configured in a way that if a player does win, the jackpot payouts would be less frequent.
Back in October 2017, the odds of winning were 1 in 259 million. And, because of the fact that it is nearly impossible for anyone to win the lottery, the jackpot grew and grew until it became $1 billion just recently.
Now, when you play the lottery, the jackpot prize is not the only prize that you can win. In the event that you match some of the numbers in a draw, then you will have a chance of winning the 2nd up to the 9th place rewards.
Your chances of winning them are as follows:
- 2nd Place- 1 in 12 million, assuming that you have five matching numbers
- 3rd Place- 1 in 931,000, assuming that you have four matching numbers
- 4th place- 1 in 38,792, assuming that you have four matching numbers
- 5th Place- 1 in 14500, assuming that you have three matching numbers
- 6th Place- 1 in 606, assuming that you have three matching numbers
- 7th Place- 1 in 693- assuming that you have two matching numbers
- 8th Place- 1 in 89- assuming that you have one matching number
- 9th Place- 1 in 37 and you do not have any matching number, but you are eligible to win a consolation prize.
If you ask logical people, you would get an answer something to the extent of “playing the lottery is a fool’s game”. However, if you ask people that want to win (despite a very low chance at that), then they will say that it is fun and there is a chance to win, still.
The latter group is people who want to experience the high of possibly matching some numbers and winning it all. No matter what the case may be, your chance of winning the jackpot is literally 1 in a million.